Mystery Print Gallery in Pinedale and Clay Paper Scissors Gallery & Studio in Cheyenne invite Wyoming artists to rendezvous up and submit artwork for a juried exhibit which will be shown in two venues on opposite sides of the state. We hope that visual artists working across media and in all kinds of content, from western to political to contemporary and more will join us! As artists ourselves, we are excited to offer another venue for the public to appreciate the diversity of artwork being created in Wyoming. Both galleries show a wide range of artwork and welcome all Wyoming artists to apply. The show will be juried by gallery owners David Klarén, Camellia El-Antably and Mark Vinich.
The exhibit will run from June 8 through September 2, 2017 and will be split into two parts at the time of jurying. Half of the artwork will be on display in Pinedale and the other half in Cheyenne, with the two parts trading in mid-July. This gives people on both sides of the state a chance to see the artwork.
- All artwork must be the original work of the artist.
- Any visual media will be considered except video and animation (due to display requirements). Original digital artwork will be considered.
- Artwork must be no larger than 18” x 18” framed. 3D artwork must be no larger than 18” in any dimension.
- No printed canvases.
- Artwork must be for sale.
- Applications will be accepted through Submittable. There is a $25 application fee.
- Artists may submit up to three works for consideration.
- Artist must provide a return shipping costs.
- Artists must be Wyoming residents.
- All pieces must arrive ready for hanging or display. 2D work must use a wire for hanging—no sawtooth or other hanging systems.
- Each gallery will host two receptions. Dates and times for those will be announced later. Artists are invited and encouraged to attend when possible.
- Artists are asked to publicize the show through their usual systems. An email flyer will be made available to accepted artists for sharing.
- If artwork sells during the show, the gallery from which it sells will retain a 40% commission.
- Artwork will display in both locations and be delivered to the buyer (or returned to the artist) at the close of the exhibit.
March 15: Call for Entries publicized, Submittable available for application
April 14: Deadline to enter show using Submittable
May 12: Artists will be notified by email of acceptance. At this time, you will also be notified which gallery your artwork will be displayed in first for shipping.
May 31: Artwork must arrive at galleries. It may arrive via mail or be delivered.
June 8: Exhibit opens
July 17: during this week, the two shows will be taken down, switched and rehung
July 20: Exhibit reopens
September 2: Close. Artwork will be shipped back or may be picked up by artist
Click Here to Submit to Rendezvous: A Juried Exhibit of Wyoming Artists
Venues and Questions:
Mystery Print Gallery
221 S Sublette Ave, Pinedale, WY 82941
Clay Paper Scissors Gallery & Studio
1513 Carey Ave, Cheyenne WY 82001