Rendezvous: A Juried Exhibit of Wyoming Artists
Mystery Print Gallery in Pinedale and Clay Paper Scissors Gallery & Studio in Cheyenne are again partnering in a 2018 edition of juried artworks by Wyoming artists. As artists ourselves, we are aware that Wyoming harbors a wide range of artists working across media and topics and we are excited to offer another venue for artists and the public to see the diversity of work being created in Wyoming today. Both galleries show a wide range of artwork and welcome all artists to apply. The show will be juried by gallery owners David Klarén, Camellia El-Antably and Mark Vinich.
The exhibit will run from June 7 through September 1, 2018 and will be split into two parts at the time of jurying. Half of the artwork will be on display in Pinedale and the other half in Cheyenne, with the two parts switching in mid-July. This gives people on both sides of the state a chance to see the artwork.
- All visual media will be considered except video and animation (due to display requirements). Original digital artwork will be considered.
- All artwork must be the original work of the artist.
- Works are limited in size to 48” in any direction, and 75 lbs in weight. Note: due to spatial limitations within each gallery, large works may be excluded based on size alone, in order to get as large representation of Wyoming artists as possible.
- No printed canvases.
- All pieces must arrive ready to hang or display. 2D work must use a wire for hanging—please, no saw-tooth or other hanging systems.
- Artwork must be for sale.
- Applications will be accepted through Submittable. There is a $25 application fee.
- Artists may submit up to three works for consideration.
- Prepaid return shipping labels are REQUIRED. Checks, money orders, cashiers checks, or cash will not be accepted. Works which do not include prepaid return shipping labels (unless being picked up from the gallery in person by the artist) will not be exhibited.
- Each gallery will host two receptions. The dates and times for those will be announced later. Artists are invited and encouraged to attend when possible.
- Artists are asked to publicize the show through their usual networks. An email flyer will be made available to accepted artists for sharing.
- If artwork sells during the show, the gallery from which it sells will retain a 40% commission. Artwork will display in both locations and be delivered to the buyer at the close of the exhibit.
- March 15: Call for Entries publicized, Submittable available for application
- April 25: Deadline to enter show via Submittable
- May 1: Artists will be notified by email of acceptance. At this time, you will also be notified which gallery your artwork will be displayed in first for shipping.
- May 25: Artwork must arrive at galleries. It may arrive via mail or be delivered.
- June 7: Exhibit opens
- Mid-July: during this week, the two shows will be taken down, switched and reinstalled.
- July 19: Exhibit reopens
- September 1: Close. Artwork will be shipped back or may be picked up by artist
Venues and Questions:
Mystery Print Gallery, 221 S Sublette Ave, Pinedale WY 82914. (307) 749-3743. Facebook @mysteryprintgallery
Clay Paper Scissors Gallery & Studio, 1513 Carey Ave, Cheyenne WY 82001. (307) 631-6039. Facebook @claypapersciss